Starting January 8th, first time home buyers can apply for the California Association of REALTORS® Housing Affordability Fund (HAF) Home Essentials Program.
So, what exactly is the HAF’s Home Essentials Program:
C.A.R.’s Housing Affordability Fund’s Home Essentials Program will provide qualified first-time California homebuyers a $1,250 Lowe’s Gift Card to purchase appliances for their new home. Due to limited availability, funds will be distributed on a first come/first served basis.
Launch Date: January 8, 2021 (applications will be available beginning January 8th)
How to Qualify:
- Be a first-time homebuyer
- Homebuyers must use a California REALTOR® in the transaction
- Purchase a primary single-family residence in California with the intent to occupy the property as a primary residence
- The conforming loan amount on the single-family residence must be at or below the FHA conforming loan limit
- The purchase of the single-family residence must use financing. All-cash purchases do not qualify
HAF must receive all program requirements below no later than thirty (30) days after closing escrow:
1. Home Essentials Program Application and Home Essentials Certification Form
2. Purchase Contract
3. Closing Disclosure Form
How to Apply:
REALTORS® must complete a Home Essentials Program application and Home Essentials Program Certification form on behalf of their client. The Home Essentials Program application form along with rules and conditions for HAF’s Home Essentials Program are available.
Let me know if you need any more information.